My name is Sara.
My husband and I broke up once. It was for maybe two months.
He had no interest at the time in being in a relationship, and I did my best to try and understand but it didn't make me love him any less. I loved him so strongly, I refused to give up on him no matter what.
I “knew” in my heart that he loved me too and that we would end up together. I don't know how, I guess you could call it intuition, and believe me, I felt crazy for it.
I gave him space (after trying to get him to just talk to me), realizing he needed time, and basically hoped and prayed that he would find it in himself to give me more time to show him how much I loved him.
After not speaking very much for a week or so, we started hanging out a little at a time. We decided we could be friends and at the time we had many conversations about how we felt like we worked better as friends, although in my heart of hearts, it didn't feel right because I wanted more, but I kept it to myself because I didn't want to pressure him.
After a month or so of just being friends, I took care of him when he was sick, I went grocery shopping for him, cleaning up his apartment for him; we watched football together, baked cookies and cakes. We went on walks, stayed up till 4 in the morning watching TV and talking, and we developed a friendship like we never had when we were together intimately.
At this point is when he tells me that he has begun to fall in love with me all over again, mostly due to the fact that I stuck around even when I felt like there was no hope of ever being in an intimate relationship again. He was my best friend and I still would have laid down my life for him without a second thought. We realized we were meant for each other but we still took it slow, to keep the pressure off; we didn't have a moment of clarity where we decided to be together again, we just became “us”.
I never gave up; I stuck by him. I made sure he knew by my actions that I cared for him and that I would always be there for him, whether he wanted me there or not. I let him know that he had someone in this world he can count on, and he came back to me. He fell in love with me all over again and now we are married and happier than ever.
We are best friends at our core. He is my king and I am his queen; he is my one true soulmate and I will stand by his side for the rest of my life.
‘Til death do us part.
....but I did get help outside... if you want to know what helped me please read my next page.
My husband and I broke up once. It was for maybe two months.
He had no interest at the time in being in a relationship, and I did my best to try and understand but it didn't make me love him any less. I loved him so strongly, I refused to give up on him no matter what.
I “knew” in my heart that he loved me too and that we would end up together. I don't know how, I guess you could call it intuition, and believe me, I felt crazy for it.
I gave him space (after trying to get him to just talk to me), realizing he needed time, and basically hoped and prayed that he would find it in himself to give me more time to show him how much I loved him.
After not speaking very much for a week or so, we started hanging out a little at a time. We decided we could be friends and at the time we had many conversations about how we felt like we worked better as friends, although in my heart of hearts, it didn't feel right because I wanted more, but I kept it to myself because I didn't want to pressure him.
After a month or so of just being friends, I took care of him when he was sick, I went grocery shopping for him, cleaning up his apartment for him; we watched football together, baked cookies and cakes. We went on walks, stayed up till 4 in the morning watching TV and talking, and we developed a friendship like we never had when we were together intimately.
At this point is when he tells me that he has begun to fall in love with me all over again, mostly due to the fact that I stuck around even when I felt like there was no hope of ever being in an intimate relationship again. He was my best friend and I still would have laid down my life for him without a second thought. We realized we were meant for each other but we still took it slow, to keep the pressure off; we didn't have a moment of clarity where we decided to be together again, we just became “us”.
I never gave up; I stuck by him. I made sure he knew by my actions that I cared for him and that I would always be there for him, whether he wanted me there or not. I let him know that he had someone in this world he can count on, and he came back to me. He fell in love with me all over again and now we are married and happier than ever.
We are best friends at our core. He is my king and I am his queen; he is my one true soulmate and I will stand by his side for the rest of my life.
‘Til death do us part.
....but I did get help outside... if you want to know what helped me please read my next page.